Being from the South, it’s always confusing to me that summer ends for the rest of the country before it really gets started in L.A. It doesn’t get consistently hot until July, and pretty much stays warm—at least during the day—until after the holidays. Though we may not get to pull out our sweaters and boots for a while, there is still something about the change in light that puts me in the mood for a more regimented schedule. I look forward to more leisurely dinners at home, finding a new show to obsess over, and going in search of one fallen leaf in the City of Angels. Until then, I’m going to soak up these last weeks of summer, and possibly celebrate my birthday (Monday) for the rest of the month! Scroll down to see what’s on my list of fun things to do in L.A. before the end of summer.
Lily Lace Blouse // Frame Black Denim // Jeffrey Campbell Taggart Boot
8 Things to Do in Los Angeles Before the End of Summer
- See Pershing Square covered in a canopy of silver streamers
- Afternoon drinks at Nobu Malibu
- One last Barnsdall Wine Park Tasting
- Cinespia: A movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery (Can you believe I’ve never been?! It’s so close I could walk.)
- Another Duffy Ride
- See Guillermo Del Toro At Home with Monsters at LACMA
- Sit by the pool all afternoon with a great book.
- Attend the Annual National Women’s History Museum: Women Making History Brunch. I’m on the LA Counsel. Get tickets here.
4 thoughts on “Chasing Light”
I’ve never been to Hollywood Forever either, and even people in Croatia were asking me about it! And the new show you should get obsessed with is Game of Thrones, my own personal all-time favorite show, displacing Brideshead Revisited which has held that spot since the early 80s. I wish you every marvelous and magical thing for your birthday and am so glad I get to help celebrate you soon.
Thank you for sharing “things to do” list! Very helpful insight on LA and various activities. Love to read posts about LA and your life there. Keep it up.
Thank you so much, Sasha! I will look forward to following your adventures over on your blog! :))