Being from the South, it’s always confusing to me that summer ends for the rest of the country before it really gets started in L.A. It doesn’t get consistently hot until July, and pretty much stays warm—at least during the day—until after the holidays. Though we may not get to pull out our sweaters and boots for a while, there is still something about the change in light that puts me in the mood for a more regimented schedule. I look forward to more leisurely dinners at home, finding a new show to obsess over, and going in search of one fallen leaf in the City of Angels. Until then, I’m going to soak up these last weeks of summer, and possibly celebrate my birthday (Monday) for the rest of the month! Scroll down to see what’s on my list of fun things to do in L.A. before the end of summer.
8 Things to Do in Los Angeles Before the End of Summer
- See Pershing Square covered in a canopy of silver streamers
- Afternoon drinks at Nobu Malibu
- One last Barnsdall Wine Park Tasting
- Cinespia: A movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery (Can you believe I’ve never been?! It’s so close I could walk.)
- Another Duffy Ride
- See Guillermo Del Toro At Home with Monsters at LACMA
- Sit by the pool all afternoon with a great book.
- Attend the Annual National Women’s History Museum: Women Making History Brunch. I’m on the LA Counsel. Get tickets here.
Anthropologie Barnsdall Art Park Wine Tasting Cinespia Frame Denim Guillermo Del Toro At Home with Monsters Hollywood Forever Cemetary Jeffrey Campbell Ankle Boots LACMA National Women's History Museum Women Making History Brunch Nobu Malibu Pershing Square Art Installation Renting a Duffy Los Angeles Renting a Duffy Newport Beach Summer in Los Angeles Things to do in Los Angeles