Top 10 Romantic Comedies for a Cozy Night In
Happy Valentine’s Day! What are you guys getting up to this day of love? We don’t really have a tradition in our house. Some years we decide to go the more proper date night route, but usually we order in something delicious like Mozza-2-Go or Mandarette—our favorite Chinese spot—and cozy-in for a feel good rom com. Nancy Meyers is a personal hero of mine, as her films offer the most idyllic escape without ever having to leave home. In honor of St. Valentine, here is a list of my top ten favorite romantic comedies, guaranteed to be the best movies to watch on Valentine’s day that will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. Champagne not included.
- The Holiday – Never. Gets. Old.
- It’s Complicated – Because Nancy Meyers (again). And Meryl Streep.
- Crazy Rich Asians – The feel good movie of 2018 did not disappoint! I would watch this 100 times.
- The Big Sick – Brought back a much needed resurgence of amazing romcoms!
- Julie & Julia – Because Meryl Streep (again).
- Juliet, Naked – Based on the novel of the same name, this may have easily passed you by when it hit theatres last spring, but easily one of our favorite movies of the year.
- About Time – This is by the same director as Love, Actually and really fell off the radar, but it’s in frequent rotation at our house.
- 500 Days of Summer – Simultaneously heartbreaking and hopeful.
- Serendipity – Leaving it all up to fate.
- LaLaLand – Left me smiling from ear to ear!
Photos by Ashley Burns Photography