Diamonds might be a girl’s best friend, but it’s just the icing on my favorite budget-friendly statement piece: nail polish. In a lot of ways, nail polish is the unsung hero of traveling on a budget, while keeping style a priority. It takes up little to no space, and at a couple of dollars per bottle, it keeps you looking polished, while leaving a little extra for whatever your travels may bring (or another pair of boots).
Whether you want to try the trending nude looks, or my dark signature color, here’s a look at the nail colors and DIY nail designs I’m loving right now. And for those of you in LA, a roundup of my top five nail salons in town.
My Top Five Nail Salons in LA
1. Bellacures – This is my go-to place for my montly manicure (I do my own nails in between). With locations all over LA ( I go to Larchmont), it’s clean and cute, and they give amazing chair massages!
2. Olive and June – Located in Beverly Hills, this is more of a special occassion nail place, rather than any any given day kind of place, but great for nail art and an afternoon with a girlfriend.
3. Marie Nails – Located in West Hollywood, they do incredible nail art, but prepare to be there a couple of hours. It is not quick.
4. Chi Nail Bar – A celebrity favorite, this is where you go if you want nails like Katy Perry or Rhianna.
5. Ten Over Ten – A New York favorite, keep your eyes peeled for the opening of the LA edition at Platform LA in Culver City very soon! Their products are all non-toxic.