I don’t know about you, but being in quarantine gave newfound importance to the concept of home and how we live in our space. It was a mixed blessing that we hired an interior designer a few weeks before the “safer at home” policy went into effect, so despite being a little nervous about spending money on a redesign, we were so fortunate to be able to spruce up our space over the last few months. Enter interior design blogs to the rescue.
While Instagram is great, I really want links to shop and the ability to search—there is a still a place for long form content, people!
There are so many resources for design, and while I do love a great home tour for inspiration, my favorite blogs are the ones that actually give solid tips and help you figure out what size rug you need or what kind of side table would work next to your sofa. On that note, I have rounded up my favorite design blogs that check all of those boxes. If you have a favorite that I missed, let me know in the comments. Happy New Year!
A Roundup of My Favorite Interior Design Blogs
1. Style by Emily Henderson: There is truly no better blog for showcasing HOW to do everything from measuring your curtains to finding the perfect budget sofa to figuring out what size rug you need. I love that Emily shares her thought process and takes you along for the journey, unafraid of spilling all her best secrets.
2. Brady Tolbert: He worked for Emily Henderson, now Queer Eye’s Bobby Berk, but he is also equally as talented. He has exceptional taste, and I pretty much hang on his every word on Instagram.
3. Lauren Leiss: While of course Lauren’s interiors are incredible, it’s her very personal voice on her blog that drew me in. I love that despite her success, it still really feels like she is the one writing a note just to me. She also just got chickens—a city girl’s secret fantasy!
4. Chris Loves Julia: Down to Earth and full of incredible DIY ideas, my favorite part about this blog is all the incredible resources. Some designers really don’t want to tell you where they shop or “trade secrets.” They share them all! Lucky us!
5. Tao of Dana: My friend Dana is a feng shui master, and before you think that sounds like a bunch of hooey fooey, she’s way more into practical ways to fix your space to foster creativity and build your dream life. She loves color, plants, art, and helps you declutter to make room for more of what you really want.
7. Sarah Sherman Samuel: Sarah is also an LA based designer, and I love her renovation stories and that she, too, will share her resources with reckless abandon!
8. Shea McGee: I am so obsessed with her aesthetic, and I love that she has an entire online store now. I go to her blog multiple times a month to get inspiration, and it’s almost certain that I will find exactly what I’m looking for.