There’s something about the new year that makes me want to clean house and redecorate every single room, so today being a bit under the weather, I spent hours searching online for the perfect new pillow covers, which I found here and here. I also found myself down a rabbit hole of interior design blogs because while Instagram is great, I really want links to shop and the ability to search—there is a still a place for long form content, people!
There are so many resources for design, and while I do love a great home tour for inspiration, my favorite blogs are the ones that actually give solid tips and help you figure out what size rug you need or what kind of side table would work next to your sofa. On that note, I have rounded up my favorite design blogs that check all of those boxes. If you have a favorite that I missed, let me know in the comments. Happy New Year!
A Roundup of My Favorite Interior Design Blogs
1. Style by Emily Henderson: There is truly no better blog for showcasing HOW to do everything from measuring your curtains to finding the perfect budget sofa to figuring out what size rug you need. I love that Emily shares her thought process and takes you along for the journey, unafraid of spilling all her best secrets.
2. Brady Tolbert: He works for Emily Henderson, but there is no doubt he is equally as talented. He has exceptional taste, and I pretty much hang on his every word on Instagram.
3. All Sorts Of: This is the new blog from Amber Interiors who has made a huge name for herself here in LA. While her own line of products and furniture aren’t cheap (nor are the picks on her blog), she is full of inspiration and great ideas.
4. Rip & Tan: While Jenni Kayne herself is not an interior designer, her blog is full of tons of DIY inspiration and entertaining how-tos. She is a master of good taste, and I love that she shares her favorite resources and vendors from florists and caterers.
5. Tao of Dana: My friend Dana is a feng shui master, and before you think that sounds like a bunch of hooey fooey, she’s way more into practical ways to fix your space to foster creativity and build your dream life. She loves color, plants, art, and helps you declutter to make room for more of what you really want.
6. Lobster and Swan: You know I would love a lifestyle blog based in the UK and this one is so charming!
7. Sarah Sherman Samuel: Sarah is also an LA based designer, and I love her renovation stories and that she, too, will share her resources with reckless abandon!
8. Murphy Deesign: My friend Dee has incredible taste and can mix and match patterns like no other. I love checking out her blog to see the progress on her LA home, and taking away lots of resources—I found the person to make my motorized shade from her blog. Life changing!